Monday, April 12, 2010

I Ate It!!


This post is inspired by the fact that I just ate the last organic apple in our house.
Since I have been married and had children, I have this instinctive urge to save the best of everything for the other family members. Especially when it comes to food. When Brandon and I first got married, I got the biggest kick out of feeding him. I think it is the southern woman in me. Now I am really busy and too often I forget to cook, but I still have that urge to save the best foods for Brandon and Elijah. Finally I realized that there are times when I need to just eat it. My body is probably the hardest working body in the house (think baby-making and baby-nursing). Come to think of it, you could consider my body in symbiotic relationship to every other body in our household. What is good for my body is good for us all. So I decided it is a good idea for me to eat the sliced turkey instead of saving it for Brandon's lunch, and to eat the last organic apple instead of saving it for Elijah. It is even a good idea to buy the more expensive Greek yogurt because it has twice the protein and I need massive amounts of protein right now.
Mamma is taking care of herself. That is a hard habit to learn! But I want my babies to see their mamma care for her body, and I know it will help them to someday do the same.
So here is my picture after I ate the apple. Yum!

1 comment:

taylorcrowson said...

You are right!! I need to remember this.

Beatrice and Jack Frost

Beatrice and Jack Frost
Is there something on my head?