Friday, January 29, 2010

Workaholics Anonymous Affirmations

Lets have three cheers for Workaholics Anonymous, one of the lesser known of the 12 step Anonymous groups. And three more cheers for affirmations; we all need more exposure to these guys for sure. Here are some of my favorite WA affirmations:

I refuse to rush; there will be enough time.

The slower I go, the more I do, the more time I have.

Think timelessness -- sip, not gulp.

Slow is beautiful and powerful. I move glacially.

Am I a human being or a human doing? Am I enjoying, or enduring?

I'm not livin' if I'm driven.

My life is full and underscheduled.

Rest is the best reward I give myself.

Success is the quality of your journey.

Enjoyment is my way of keeping score.

The goal is the excuse for the fun of the race.

Work is the highest form of play.

Put it on your not-do list.

I do everything easily and effortlessly.

There is no place I have to go, and nothing I have to do.

Even if offered the best, say "no" if you need to rest.

Simplicity means small and frequent pleasures.

Importance, not urgency; values, not goals; quality, not quantitiy.

I am more effective by beaing more selective.

The slower I go, the faster I grow.

My body is my friend and my temple. I bless and thank it daily and obey its signals.

Emotions are information. I honor their important messages.

You can't run your life on empty.

and my current favorite:
When you simplify, you're not subtracting: you're adding time and space.

**Taken from "Workaholics Anonymous, Book of Recovery."**

No comments:

Beatrice and Jack Frost

Beatrice and Jack Frost
Is there something on my head?